Home of Writing, Editing & Proofreading
Thesis Editing Prompts: how to revise your Writing?
Once you have completed writing your thesis it is very important to revise it. Even very great writers can make mistakes. Never submit any piece of writing before you have revised it and checked it thoroughly.
How to revise your thesis
- Start by checking the table of contents and the headings. Make sure you have included everything in your thesis that had to be done.
- The second step is to make sure you have followed the format. Take out the instructions given to you by the university and see if you have followed them properly. Your paper must be in accordance with the format specified by your institution.
- After doing that you should start reading each chapter individually. As a thesis is a very long document you should divide the revision process on a few days. When you are reading your chapter, mark or encircle the mistakes, the grammatical errors and the typos in the text.
- Read it aloud so that you can see the flow of the writing. If any part seems unnatural and lacks continuity mark it so that you can change it later.
- After that you can re-write the chapter while fixing the mistakes you have made. You can even take out complete paragraphs if you feel they are repetitive and that you have already stated the same idea in the earlier paragraphs.
- Once you have done this with all your chapters and your second draft is ready you may ask a friend or a colleague to read it for you. Ask them to give you an objective opinion on the overall flow, style and tone of the thesis. Your classmates can tell you better because they will be working on the same project as well.
Edit and proof-read your work
Now that you have done everything else the last step is to proof read your thesis. This is where you will be looking for typos and misspelled words. It is a good idea to get a hard copy of your work and then highlight the errors. If you want to do it on computer, do not simply trust the software program. Proof read your thesis manually. Because the software program does not have common sense and it will not see if a word is fitting in or not. For example you have written “put” instead of “but” the software will not know it’s wrong.
College writing tips
Enjoy these guides, manuals and how-to's free of charge. They were all prepared by professional and experienced academic and business writers for the sake of struggling college and university students around the world.
- Writing an essay is frustrating
- Standard research paper layout
- How to succeed with your writing
- Argumentative essay help
- Albert Einstein papers online
- Writing peace essays
For college students
Quick and quality essay writing service - Qessay.com
Get your essay written with this service.
- Read: About essay writing
- Buy: Essay writing service
- Learn: Essay writing guide
- Order: Essays online.
- Purchase essay services for cheap.
If you need extra help with your essay or research paper project do not hesitate to contact us at info@WordPeddler.com