Home of Writing, Editing & Proofreading
How to Write a One Page Executive Summary?
When teachers assign executive summaries, most students just raise their eyebrows and ask – a what? These important documents are designed to intrigue potential customers or investors into backing a plan or product. It’s extremely important to master this type of writing, especially if you’re looking to enter the business world. Without top-notch executive summaries, you can guarantee no one will be interested in your product or service. Mastering the art of executive summaries will keep you at the top of your business game and make you a successful entrepreneur with little effort.
One key to writing an executive summary is keeping is brief – you don’t want to overload or bore your potential investor. However, how can you write an informative, captivating summary but only keep it one page? Most students don’t know how to do this when they’re granted ten pages! Though the feat may seem impossible, it truly isn’t. Luck for you, we’ve got the tips you need!
Executive Summary Writing Guideline
- A strong hook – the most important thing. Salesmen are well aware that they need to catch the potential buyers interest from the first word, and you need to do the same. The best thing to do in your executive summary is use a catchy, immediately interesting hook that will compel your reader to keep reading. Without a hook, your executive summary might as well be over. Remember, though, not to make to it too flamboyant – this is, after all, a professional business proposition.
- An explanation of your company. After you’ve hooked them in, you need to make sure that they have a completely clear idea about what you or your company does. Be professional and straightforward. You want to communicate that you’re capable and dependable, and that your company is legitimately interested in a business deal.
- Match what you write to who you’re writing for. If you’re executive summary is proposing a partnership, highlight the benefits the company will receive once the partnership’s underway. If you’re proposing a concept to an investor, highlight their market, your competent business plan, and your current customers. Make sure that, whatever the meat of your summary, it clearly relates to the reader.
- Explain why you’re service or product is needed. This is, perhaps, one of the most important components to your summary. You’ll need to explain, as clearly and crisply as you can, why your product, service or other offer is needed now (as opposed to any other time!) This creates a sense of urgency that compels the reader or company to act on your proposal as immediately as possible, and continue on to reading your business plan.
College writing tips
Enjoy these guides, manuals and how-to's free of charge. They were all prepared by professional and experienced academic and business writers for the sake of struggling college and university students around the world.
- Writing an essay is frustrating
- Standard research paper layout
- How to succeed with your writing
- Argumentative essay help
- Albert Einstein papers online
- Writing peace essays
For college students
Quick and quality essay writing service - Qessay.com
Get your essay written with this service.
- Read: About essay writing
- Buy: Essay writing service
- Learn: Essay writing guide
- Order: Essays online.
- Purchase essay services for cheap.
If you need extra help with your essay or research paper project do not hesitate to contact us at info@WordPeddler.com